Thursday 12 January 2017

Guerlain Spring 2017

The Guerlain Happy Rosy Glow Collection for Spring 2017 has just started to arrive online. It is available now on Nordstrom.

The star product is naturally the Meteorites Happy Glow Pearls, described as "shimmering pink with multicolored reflection for the ultimate glow, soft mauve to catch light and matte pink to revive the complexion. Combined with mini champagne pearls, they create a universal harmony that enlighten the complexion with radiance and a perfecting halo." It sure is pretty but do be aware that Guerlain has hiked up the price significantly for this Meteorites. The Meteorites from the permanent line-up retail at US$62 for 0.88oz/25g while the recent LE Météorites Perles de Légende from the Holiday 2016 collection was US$65 for 25g. In contrast, the Meteorites Happy Glow Pearls are a whopping US$74 for 1 oz (vs 9400yen in Japan). That's almost a 20% increase in price compared to the regular Meteorites, albeit for a tad more product. My Meteorites collection is vast enough that I think I can safely pass on this (unless a nice discount pops along) without regret.


Also part of the collection is the Meteorites Blush Happy Glow (6800yen), Meteorites Brush (5200yen) and KissKiss lipsticks #564 and #565 (4400yen). All items are limited edition.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Oh I completely agree with you here. I was going to pick up the perles until I noticed the price increase. I love my holiday one from 2015, which is actually a little prettier with the star shapes and the snowflakes on the container, which made it worth the price increase, but this one is just ridiculously priced. I like collecting the unique ones because the colors do show up differently on my ultra fair skin, but I'm having a hard time justifying this price increase.

Haru said...

hi Christina,
You're right, the 2015 holiday version is so much prettier and more unique, plus the pot was so gorgeously made. While price increases are not unusual for luxury beauty brands, I thought this was too far a stretch for Guerlain.