Friday 4 May 2012

L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream

Another recent entrant into the BB cream bandwagon, L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream promises to mimic the texture and glow of perfect bare skin while providing up to 24 hour hydration and SPF12. It is available in just two shades, Light and Medium. I received a sachet of it in Light in a magazine recently and tried it out today.

Nude Magique is a self-adjusting BB cream that contains "smart pigment capsules" that release the pigment only when you blend the cream on your skin. The white cream gradually transforms into beige as you blend.



It dries down to a soft matte finish that has that smooth silicone-y feel. While it was easy to blend and helped to smoothen out the skin surface by reducing the appearance of pores, as you can see from the photo below, the Light shade turned much too yellow and it was too dark for my MAC NC20 skintone. I was quite surprised by this as the model in the ad visual did not look that tanned. Furthermore, the reviews on Boots.com are overwhelmingly positive.

The shade difference between my face and neck was just too obvious that I could not wear this out of the house. After taking the pic, I promptly cleaned it off with Bioderma Sensibio and applied my usual Lancome Maqui Miracle powder foundation. While Nude Magique seems suitable for normal to oily skintypes, I would definitely recommend trying a sample of it first before purchasing to make sure that it matches your skintone as this definitely does not suit all light skintones.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first honest review about one of the main brands' BB cream. I see five star comments about L'Oreal and Garnier BB creams and the colurs are obviously dark. They produced something to get along with real BB trends but it dont work.

Love u!

Anonymous said...

Hi, im asking something that is not related to this post. In your 27th September 2011 post of the upcoming japanese magazines freebies. there is one magazine called "Gisele (28 Sep): Nov issue comes with Gelato Pique pouch" did you buy that magazine?

Haru said...

Nope, I didn't buy that.

Hope In A Blog said...

somehow the 'universal' bb creams have that problem. the Dr Brandt was also really dark for my skin.

makeupmag said...

I actually welcome the deeper BB creams, no thanks to having gotten darker. There're heaps of BB creams for fair skin, so it's a welcome change! This does look very yellow, though.

Anonymous said...

As I see it you just applied way too much cream in one spot. When you buy the product it comes in a tube with a small applicator on top to prevent just this. I am really fair skinned, even more so than you and it looks really good.

Haru said...

Glad it works for you then!