Sunday 12 December 2010

Day out at Lodi Gardens and Saket

Took a leisurely walk in the Lodi Gardens this morning with my husband. The weather has been slightly chilly as it's winter over here now but I'm enjoying it immensely as it's the first time that I'm in Delhi without it being blazing hot. It's usually around 14-20°C, not cold enough to require a winter coat. It is hazy but not too unpleasant overall.

Lodi Gardens is the site of a number of tombs and architectural works dating back a few centuries. Despite it being the weekend, the gardens were not crowded at all. It was a peaceful oasis away from the crazy traffic snarls outside.






Saw these gorgeous parrots perched on the walls!


We spent the rest of the day at the mall in Saket, which was all decked out in Christmas decorations.



Made my usual stop at the Lush store but didn't purchase anything as I still have a good stock from my London trip.


A small selection of the Christmas collection was on display. (By the way, I heard that a store has popped up in Holland Village Shopping Centre that sells Lush but at rather high prices.)

I ventured into the Inglot store and swatched several of the eyeshadows and blushes, which felt very smooth and pigmented. I've read positive reviews about Inglot, a Polish makeup brand, on a couple of beauty blogs but eventually decided not to purchase anything as the prices seemed quite inflated with a palette of four blushes running around S$100.

And finally, chilling over iced mocha and ice apple mojito at Costa Coffee before catching Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows!

1 comment:

Kas said...

Omg, I love all the shots of the gardens! If I was a film director, I'd totally shoot a filmy Bollywood/Kollywood song here, especially on the steps! LOL!