Tuesday 11 August 2009

Dior Fall '09 Swatches

The Dior Jazz Club collection looked very promising when I first saw photos of it online but when it reached the counters here in Singapore, the textures just looked somewhat flat. Swatching some of the eyeshadows today finally convinced me that this is a collection that I can safely skip even though I am usually a sucker for purple eyeshadows.



The top row of swatches is the Purple Jazz clutch palette and the bottom row is the 5 Color Eyeshadow palette in Night Butterfly. The dark wine shade and medium lilac shades in Night Butterfly are very pigmented and silky with a lovely sheen but the grey shade looked quite dull while the black shade has a severely dry texture.


The three shimmery shades on the right half of the Purple Jazz palette apply a bit sheer and are not that unique, to be honest. The other shades are matte and feel quite smooth but the color payoff is again quite sheer. The red toned plum shade is not the easiest to pull off as it can make eyes look bruised.


The most attractive eyeshadow from this collection for me was Argentic single eyeshadow which is shot through with silver sparkles that glistened beautifully under the counter lights. But it's probably quite easy to dupe at a much cheaper price.

3 comments:

makeupmag said...

I love Smoky Jazz and Argentic; so pretty and apt for fall. I'm not sure how easy it would be to dupe Argentic though. Is Stila Diamond Lil anywhere close, I wonder?

The clutch you swatched is Purple Jazz, I believe.

I thought that you'd want Night Butterfly but I figured you'd pass because of the not-so-ideal shades. ;)

aichaku-愛着 said...

i agree with you. i skipped this too after swatching it in real life.

Haru said...

Hi mag,

Oops,thanks for pointing that out!

Diamond Lil' is more of a smokey dark grey that is also very shimmery whereas Argentic is more of a light silver.