Thursday 21 February 2008

Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely


I've been in love with Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely fragrance ever since I received a sample vial of it. Its distinctive scent has a lovely, comforting warmth without being too sweet, headily floral or old-fashioned grandmotherly. It is innocence with a touch of sophisticated chic. The key notes are lavender, orchid and amber mingled with apple martini, paper whites and musk.

I was all set to buy the Lovely coffret set (priced at $153 for the EDP, a body lotion and a couple of sample vials) at the Tangs sale only to find out that only the display set was left. The next day, I accompanied my mom to this small beauty and toiletries store, Li Hwa, in the corner of People's Park Complex in Chinatown. It's a tiny nondescript store on the 3rd floor that stocks all manner of toiletries, skincare, fragrances and beauty supplies, with significantly discounted prices compared to the big drugstore chains or department stores. There are several other similar beauty supply shops in the complex but Li Hwa is the one that we always frequent as the owner is a long-time family friend.

I was surprised to see that they stocked the new Kate Moss fragrance (another current favourite of mine) and was selling it at only S$62 for the 100ml version. My brother had paid about $90 at the Heathrow Airport duty free. Imagine my even greater delight when I found that the Lovely EDP 100ml was selling for only S$55! The official retail price is US$65 (about S$90), according to the Nordstrom website. So, I'm now the proud owner of my own bottle of Lovely. Just seeing the elegant pink bottle on my dresser makes me smile and I can't stop sniffing my own wrists!

4 comments:

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

I love that scent too! it reminds me of Narciso Roderigeuz for her, only more subtle :D

Anonymous said...

I love this scent! It's my everyday wear.

Visit our blog at www.fiercefaceblog.blogspot.com !

Anonymous said...

dare not buy from such small shops
duunoe is it authentic.

Haru said...

I've tried my bottle of Lovely and it's definitely authentic!