Thursday 30 August 2007

Cosmetics Market, NYC

The Cosmetics Market in New York is mentioned quite frequently on MUA, primarily due to its large stock of Stila products for greatly reduced prices so I decided to visit it yesterday. Overall, I would say it was a disappointment. It does have a huge selection of brands from Revlon, L'Oreal, Maybelline to Stila, Anna Sui and even Prada skincare. But a lot of the stock looked so old that I wouldn't be comfortable putting them on my face, much less on my eyes. There were some good deals, to be sure such as the Stila Sakura trio which was only $6.99. The Sakura trio was released in March 2006 so it should still be safe to use but unfortunately, it's one of the most unpigmented trios that Stila has ever produced. They also had Convertible Colors in Forget-Me-Not and Rose plus a wide range of the eyeshadows including discontinued colors like Mango plus current ones like Kitten. They also had the #9 Blending Brush, a small retractable brush in a blue metal case, Midnight Bloom perfume ($25) and body lotion as well as Jade Blossom shower gel and body mousse ($7). I was surprised to also find Manifesto by Isabella Rosellini foundations here but since Manifesto was discontinued at least 4 years ago, I seriously wouldn't dare to try any of it. They also had Urban Decay Eyeshadow Transforming Potion but I wasn't confident about the age of the stock so I skipped it.


The Cosmetics Market is on 39th Street between 5th Avenue and Madison but there was a sign in the store that said it would be moving but I can't remember the new location...sorry!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no, sounds like a huge difference from Tokyo...

Anonymous said...

hi,
any chance that you will get to do swatches of bobbi brown metallics!

Haru said...

I don't have a digital camera at the moment so I won't be able to post swatches or photos for quite some time.